ISSNH Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Note

+2
Falen
Zarknorg
6 posters

Go down

Death Note Empty Re: Death Note

Post by Zarknorg Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:06 am

Yeah, it is new. As for anyone that watches Death Note, this sat will be the final episode. Anyone want me to tell you what happens. Smile I've already seen the ending long ago.
Zarknorg
Zarknorg
Sergeant Major of ISSNH
Sergeant Major of ISSNH

Number of posts : 226
Timezone : UTC - 5 CDT Central Daylight Time
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Falen Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:10 am

no thanks, we will watch ourselves.
man i want to see the live action so bad.
Falen
Falen
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 377
Handle : Falen
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarknorg Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:21 am

Me too, thanks for reminding me about that. I'll have to download it tonight when I get home from work. That will be great to watch when I'm off thursday.
Zarknorg
Zarknorg
Sergeant Major of ISSNH
Sergeant Major of ISSNH

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallys Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:22 am

The live action movies are a bit different, but they're still pretty good. I'll speak at least for the first, 'cause I haven't seen the second yet.
Mallys
Mallys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 57
Handle : Mallys
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by zinc Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:38 am

Is this "Death Note" the Japanese series?
zinc
zinc
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Number of posts : 84
Handle : zinc
Timezone : UTC + 7 CXT Christmas Island Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Versinn Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:41 am

yes it is- we love the anime.
Yeah don't ruin it for us zarky! You could cut the tension with a knife on that last episode!
Versinn
Versinn
Major
Major

Number of posts : 426
Handle : Ver Sinn
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarknorg Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:40 am

Well, I already know how it ends, but would like to hear your thoughts on whats going to happen on the last ep. I know even though I could just click play on the next episode, I myself stopped to think about what was going to happen next. I'm not going to say anything on my own thoughts as you may think I'm try'n to give the ending away. I just want to hear others that haven't seen the ending. I want to see how well everyone payed attention to the previous episodes.
It's like a puzzle game and you must look at all the pieces to see the out come. Will Light, as Kira, win again? Or has Near surpass L and be able to bring down Kira?
Zarknorg
Zarknorg
Sergeant Major of ISSNH
Sergeant Major of ISSNH

Back to top Go down

Post by Versinn Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:11 pm

Umm, i vote that Light's gonna die and Near will beat him. Cuz i think Light is foolish in assuming that Near is not as ruthless as L, when i think he's more ruthless.
And if Light actually does out himself by gloating, then he'll for sure die. Gloaters always die
Versinn
Versinn
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarknorg Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:35 pm

Wait????
What happened to the forums? Why did someone move my post? And why do half my post get deleted?

So you think Kira will fall just because he will gloat..... You really haven't put much thought into this. I guess you should just be glad it isn't you that is going up against L, or Near. I see so many things Light was stupid to have done. If I had the Death Note, L would have never even come close to finding out who I was, let alone what city I lived in.
Zarknorg
Zarknorg
Sergeant Major of ISSNH
Sergeant Major of ISSNH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:36 pm

whats death note guys i kno i feel shameful but what u mean live action? lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Falen Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:57 am

live action meaning not animated - the original series is animated (based off a manga).
Zarky ver sinn didn't mean he would from gloating in a literal sense she meant it in a literary sense. It's fiction, there's more than just fact and what would happen in real life - you have to understand how it will all work based on an artistic sense as well. If someone gloats, typically they lose. If someone is a traitor, even if they're going from the bad side to the good, they'll die. It's the way of things.
Falen
Falen
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 377
Handle : Falen
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Versinn Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:41 am

yep. I did not say that Near will beat him because he gloats. I said he'll die, and if he ends gloating, then he'll for sure die, because that's the way of things.
And i didn't need to put a lot of thought into it- turns out i was right about all my assumptions
Versinn
Versinn
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarknorg Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:43 am

Before I watched the last ep of DeathNote, (As it airs in the US) I stopped to read the info Dish Network gives on the episode. I must say that it was stupid for them to give the ending away in the info for Death Note. Anyone wantting to watch it to find out what happens would have had it all given away. I wonder what idiot writes that stuff without even thinking. Also I find what they changed the subtitles to for the opening song of "Maximum The Hormone - What's Up People?", funny. Which has both the word sucker, followed by a word that rhymes with it. I would post the real lyrics for the song, along with the english translation, but there could be children that read this forum.
Zarknorg
Zarknorg
Sergeant Major of ISSNH
Sergeant Major of ISSNH

Back to top Go down

Post by Versinn Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:30 am

Yeah it's always tough for japanese songs to be translated- they can either do literal, or artistic and try to keep a rhyme scheme and rythim with the original music
Versinn
Versinn
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Gothic Panda Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:46 pm

I've only seen the first episode, but I think Light dies in the end... that's just my opinion though; I know nothing of the series really. :p

Gothic Panda
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 50
Handle : Gothic Panda
Timezone : UTC - 5 EST Eastern Standard Time
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallys Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:18 pm

The manga is only twelve volumes, and it's very much worth reading.
Mallys
Mallys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gothic Panda Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:07 pm

I might look it up then if I can find it online somewhere. I'm currently too addicted to Fruits Basket and I can get that from my local library.

Gothic Panda
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 50
Handle : Gothic Panda
Timezone : UTC - 5 EST Eastern Standard Time
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarknorg Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:09 pm

Well, finally got around to watching Death Note the live action movie yesterday. Yes I am a 'PRO'-crastinator. Wink It is more of a made for TV movie, but It is alitte different then the anime. Only thing is that it stops right around when Light meets L. I will have to check if there is another part to it or if that was just where they are going to leave the live action movie at. Other then that, I also finished watching .hack//ROOTS and going to be downloading more .hack eps soon, Always like the .hack anime but never could get into the games. I really should make myself buy and play the games as they all tie into each other and I kind of left wondering how the games tie into .hack//ROOTS. confused
Zarknorg
Zarknorg
Sergeant Major of ISSNH
Sergeant Major of ISSNH

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallys Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:27 pm

There's a second live action movie: Death Note: The Last Name. I think advance tickets are going on sale in the next couple of weeks, and the limited theater release is October 15th and 16th, I think.

I found the first .hack games unbearable, but the GU trilogy is actually pretty good. It's similar, but they've tweaked how it works and made it much easier to use.

You can avoid the first games by picking up the 'Another Birth' series books. It's basically the first .hack series from the perspective of the BlackRose character (and the real-life counterpart). There are things that are just a bit different, I'm told, and some things you lose and gain with the perspective shift, but the basic idea is still there.

There's a period of years between SIGN / .hack//Infection - Quarantine and Roots / GU.

.hack//Roots is more or less a prequel to the GU games. There's a short scene at the beginning of the first game, and then a big time skip to where the game story begins. Roots takes place in that time skip. They're more directly connected than the former pair.
Mallys
Mallys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content