ISSNH Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz

4 posters

Go down

What is your score?

Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Vote_lcap0%Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Vote_lcap0%Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Vote_lcap33%Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Vote_lcap33%Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Empty Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz

Post by IronSmith Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:26 pm

Last edited by IronSmith on Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
IronSmith
IronSmith
Co-founder
Co-founder

Number of posts : 430
Handle : IronSmith
Timezone : UTC - 6 MDT Mountain Daylight Time
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://issnh.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Empty Re: Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz

Post by IronSmith Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:27 pm

Make sure you post your scores here.
IronSmith
IronSmith
Co-founder
Co-founder

Back to top Go down

Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Empty Re: Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz

Post by Zarknorg Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:23 pm

Score Report
Score: 34 out of 100
Total Correct: 22 out of 64 correct
%Score: 34.38 %
Min. Pass %: 50 %

Result: Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Fail_quiz_w

WOOHOO!!! I Failed.
Zarknorg
Zarknorg
Sergeant Major of ISSNH
Sergeant Major of ISSNH

Number of posts : 226
Timezone : UTC - 5 CDT Central Daylight Time

Back to top Go down

Post by IronSmith Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:21 pm

These are some abnormally difficult questions even for most computer geeks. Don't feel bad if you fail.

Score Report
Score: 69 out of 100
Total Correct: 44 out of 64 correct
%Score: 68.75 %
Result: Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Pass_quiz_w
IronSmith
IronSmith
Co-founder
Co-founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarknorg Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:51 pm

After about the 4 question I just started to click at random. tongue I just didn't have the time to be reading all the questions. I'm sure I could have passed if I had taken my time.
What did you put about the one on the guy with the power outages.
I put that you should have him unplug everything in the house with the power goes out. Laughing

Joker
Zarknorg
Zarknorg
Sergeant Major of ISSNH
Sergeant Major of ISSNH

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallys Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:16 pm

Score: 42 out of 100
Total Correct: 27 out of 64 correct
%Score: 42.19 %
Result: Do you have what it takes to be a computer geek? Try this A+ quiz Fail_quiz_w

That was brutal. Kinda makes me glad I decided to opt out of the hardware field. (Most of my answers were blind guesses, btw.)

Last edited by Mallys on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mallys
Mallys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 57
Handle : Mallys
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Pleisa Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:28 pm

I got to question thirteen and said screw it. I am not a big enough geek it seems Smile
Pleisa
Pleisa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Number of posts : 165
Handle : Pleisa
Timezone : UTC - 7 MST Mountain Standard Time
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by IronSmith Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:43 pm

The question about the power outages is an easy one. UPS is an uninterpretable power supply. It has a battery so the computer and whatever else is hooked up can run through a short power outage or at least provide time to save some files and shut down properly.

I also had to do a lot of guessing, it started with the first question for me, I have been studying this stuff for about 2 months and I had no idea what it was talking about.
IronSmith
IronSmith
Co-founder
Co-founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarknorg Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:42 am

Some of the stuff is like "Who the hell would know that" except an installer who needs to know the limit of how long a cable can be, and that kind of stuff normally isn't installed by a computer geek, but the Mexican working on the construction of the building. And who would most likely not know the answer as well. He would most likely say, if he could speak english, that it can be no longer then how far he had to run to get to America.
lol!
I'm sure my dad could have answered many of the questions about the data rate and limits to many of the range and cable questions as he did work as and installer with much of that stuff.

Joker
Zarknorg
Zarknorg
Sergeant Major of ISSNH
Sergeant Major of ISSNH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down