ISSNH Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DVD Burner

3 posters

Go down

DVD Burner Empty DVD Burner

Post by Zarknorg Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:22 pm

I just got in a new DVD burner but got no software as I went with the cheap OEM burner. My question is if anyone knows a good free burner software that supports all these formates.
CD-R
DVD+R
DVD-RAM
DVD-RW
DVD+RW
DVD-R
DVD+R DL
DVD-R DL

Also post a link to where it can be downloaded. I just don't feel like sending aton of time looking and downloading software that may crash my computer if I get the wrong thing installed.
Zarknorg
Zarknorg
Sergeant Major of ISSNH
Sergeant Major of ISSNH

Number of posts : 226
Timezone : UTC - 5 CDT Central Daylight Time
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

DVD Burner Empty Re: DVD Burner

Post by IronSmith Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:04 pm

I know a two of them for Linux but I'm not currently aware of any good ones for Windows. Download.com is usually a good source of software for that kind of thing.

Are you trying to make video disks, music disks, bootable disks, or just plain old data/mp3 disks? If you're looking for it all (and for free) you may need two or three different programs especially if you want to process video into supported formats.

DVD/CD burning/authoring software can be very expensive if your buying an all in one package and you consider yourself a power user, but sadly there is no good free solution that I am aware of.
IronSmith
IronSmith
Co-founder
Co-founder

Number of posts : 430
Handle : IronSmith
Timezone : UTC - 6 MDT Mountain Daylight Time
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://issnh.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RennMan Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:02 pm

A fairly decent program that I have used is Nero. There is a free version available, but some options are limited use or unavailable in the free"trial" version. There didn't used to be a time limit on the trial, but I've heard on the newer versions that time limits have been set, but I don't know this for sure.

You might want to check it out. Nero 8 CD/DVD Burning Software
RennMan
RennMan
Co-founder
Co-founder

Number of posts : 142
Handle : Failplane
Timezone : UTC - 5 CDT Central Daylight Time
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content